My Wines Direct

Friday, March 19, 2010

Keep striving


I heard Stephanie Renee aka the Vibe Mistress, sing at an event in support of cancer awareness called Soul Survivors in January. Her voice was soothing, like a lullaby, but not the kind before bed time. This was more like a tune you might hear while busting suds (washing dishes) with grand-mom, or while piling sweet potatoes on plates at the family reunion. It was such a moving and meaningful experience to listen to those melodic words in the company of family. Literally speaking, we weren't related by blood or marriage or even close friends. In fact, many of us were strangers to each other. Yet, in that moment where we all joined in to sing together, we were family. We were a family united in the action of loving each other for love's sake. It was clear that the only agenda outside of raising money for the cause was to uplift and inspire one another. It felt so good to be there...to hear and feel that spirit, that I brought the song home with me. My tween daughters and I committed it to memory and now it's sort of like our theme song. I have a feeling it may come in handy for them one day. It has for me. Maybe you could use it, too. Take a listen.

Gotta Be by Des'ree on Itunes for $1.29





2 comments:

  1. You have no idea how much this just made my day! Any time mothers and daughters can participate in affirmation rituals together, the world becomes brighter and more just.

    Thank you SO MUCH for listening and sharing in that moment, and may you and your daughters have many more moments of lifting each other up in song and smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We certainly will! You are welcome, and thank you for bringing that healthy, healing, cleansing spirit into the room. That is a very special gift you have. I'm just passing it on.

    ReplyDelete